Consid acquires Imentum – establishes in Uppsala
The It and management company Consid now acquires the consulting company Imentum with offices in Linköping, Stockholm and Uppsala. This means Consid reinforces its offices in Linköping and Stockholm and at the same time establishes in Uppsala.
12 August 2016
Imentum was founded in Uppsala during 2004. The company has thirty employees and in 2015 it had a turnover of SEK 36 million. Imentum offers consulting services within system and business development and operates in Stockholm, Linköping and Uppsala. The acquisition means that Consid reinforces its offices in Stockholm and Linköping, while establishing themselves in Uppsala.
- Imentum possess a great amount of expertise in systems and business development and will provide an essential piece of the puzzle for us in these areas. They work with many exciting customers, Klarna and Swedbank to name a few, which we look forward to develop together with. The core values of the company and its mantra to “deliver the extra mile”, fits incredibly well into Consid´s culture, says Peter Hellgren, CEO of Consid.
Large acquisitions focus
For a longer period of time Consid has been focusing on finding acquisitions. Last year former HOW Solutions was acquired, an acquisition that turned out very well according to Hellgren.
- The acquisition of HOW Solution has brought enormous benefits to us. They have brought crucial expertise to the company and consolidated with Consid in a very smooth way. We are now looking forward to the same positive development together with Imentum.
Niclas Hedenskog, CEO of Imentum, is also looking forward to the merger of the two companies:
- Consid and Imentum have many common similarities and a value system that rests on the same base, which means that we can confidently look forward to the merger. Our respective corporate cultures will complement each other well and make Consid a stronger brand.
He also believes the establishment of Consid in Uppsala will be a very positive contribution for the city.
- Imentums well-established customer base in Uppsala, Stockholm close by and the collaboration with Uppsala University will generate a strong competitive advantage. The industry of Uppsala is one of the fastest growing in Sweden and the exciting projects we will face together makes Consid one of Uppsala´s most attractive employers, according to Hedenskog.
Consid has in recent years launched a number of campaigns with a focus on finding acquisition targets, which resulted in many interesting tips about potential companies to acquire. Furthermore, the company recently appointed Sebastian Wendéus as Acquisitions Manager, to enable further focus on boosting its growth by acquisitions henceforth.
- To meet the great demand on our services today, we need to grow even faster than we already do. Hence, the focus on finding potential acquisitions are bigger than ever. We are having dialogues with several companies around the country today. We are pleased to announce Imentum as a very positive addition to Consid, says Hellgren.